Bootstrap

Jan Hubicka jhub6202@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 5 08:24:00 GMT 2000


On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 11:29:20AM -0800, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 11:12:43AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > 
> > Jan -- 
Mark, please don't use this email address, since it comes to mbox I am not
reading regularry and I've discovered your emails by accident now.
I would add .forward here, but I am getting to it some regular junk I don't
want get into my atrey's account.
> 
> I'm not at all convinced that the strlensi expander should exist.  rep
> scasb is dead slow on modern CPUs and the alternate is huge.  Under
> what conditions is it a performance win?
It is probably still worthwhile as -Os optimization and in case the
alignment is known to be 4, otherwise the expander fails anyway.
Once the code exist and is working, I think we can keep it.

Honza
> 
> zw


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list