(forw) Re: your reported configure problem

Dave Love d.love@dl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 19 11:19:00 GMT 1998


>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

 Jeff> Dunno.  This is the stuff I know the least about.  

Is there a wizard available?

 Jeff> Well, I'd look into why we can't do something like
 Jeff> libio/libstdc++.  They seem to have resolved this problem.

They're not autoconfiscated.  We've been referred to C++ stuff as
examples over the years, but it's never been clear to me that they
really DTRT; libf2c really must autoconf.

 >> config.sub isn't found by configure for multilibbing in the source
 >> tree, the same as install-sh.
 Jeff> I think libiberty handles config.sub and probably INSTALL.

Its configure.in seems to do things the same way with AC_PROG_INSTALL.
I'm not sure how it's different, except that its configure seems to
have been generated by a different or customized autoconf, despite the
version info at the top and the lack of obvious customization files...



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list