AIX4 bootstrap still dies multilibbing libobjc ...

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Sun Dec 27 10:11:00 GMT 1998


	The bootstrap problem I reported for powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0 in
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-bugs/1998-Nov/0813.html still persists.

	Its dying when multilibbing libobjc after the 3-stage bootstrap:


checking for thread file... configure: error: not found
[...]
make[4]: Entering directory `/a/caip/a47/u47/ghazi/gcc-testing/aix-test/egcs-CVS19981226/powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/power/libobjc'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/a/caip/a47/u47/ghazi/gcc-testing/aix-test/egcs-CVS19981226/powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/power/libobjc'
make[3]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/a/caip/a47/u47/ghazi/gcc-testing/aix-test/egcs-CVS19981226/powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/libobjc'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/a/caip/a47/u47/ghazi/gcc-testing/aix-test/egcs-CVS19981226/powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0/libobjc'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libobjc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/a/caip/a47/u47/ghazi/gcc-testing/aix-test/egcs-CVS19981226'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2


	I believe it has something to do with the fact that when it
tried to run configure in .../power/libobjc, it failed to find a
thread file so `Makefile' was never generated.  Why it can't find the
thread file when it did so in other multilib libobjc dirs, I can't say.

		--Kaveh

PS: I'm building with srcdir==builddir and gnu make in case that matters.

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list