-frepo not working?

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Wed Dec 16 13:44:00 GMT 1998


> Yes.  I understood you, and I am saying it still does not work for me if I put -frepo on the link line.  Here are the versions
> I am using.  Could it possibly be a problem there, or maybe a platform specific bug?  I am using Linux 2.1.129 on an Intel
> Pentium using libc.so.5.4.46.
> 
> 
> chad:/tmp> g++ -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/pgcc-2.91.60/specs
> gcc version pgcc-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
> chad:/tmp> ld -v
> GNU ld version 2.9.1 (with BFD 2.9.1)

If you use Linux, you should use my binutils. The
current one is 2.9.1.0.19a.

> 
> chad:/tmp> g++ -frepo -c repo-fail.cc
> chad:/tmp> g++ -frepo -o repo-fail repo-fail.o

# uname -a
Linux ocean.lucon.org 2.1.131 #1 SMP Tue Dec 15 19:35:46 PST 1998 i686 unknown
# g++ -frepo -c repo-fail.cc 
# g++ -o repo-fail repo-fail.o
collect: recompiling repo-fail.cc
collect: relinking

BTW, I am using glibc 2.0.7.

H.J.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list