This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: vector conditional expression with scalar arguments
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 23:12:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: vector conditional expression with scalar arguments
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1307071343320 dot 31289 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr> <51DAE2FE dot 1040707 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1307081810170 dot 17629 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 07/08/2013 05:28 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:
Perhaps the most conservative rule would be to only accept the case
where the sizes match and reject the others for now, so whatever is
decided later for other cases is unlikely to require a breaking change.
Though I would like the general case to be accepted eventually, whatever
it ends up meaning :)
Makes sense to me.