This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: vector conditional expression with scalar arguments
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 12:04:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: vector conditional expression with scalar arguments
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1307071343320 dot 31289 at stedding dot saclay dot inria dot fr>
On 07/07/2013 08:02 AM, Marc Glisse wrote:
+ error_at (loc, "could not find an integer type "
+ "of the same size as %qT", ctype);
Why try to find a result element type the same size as the condition
element type? For scalars the condition is bool and the result can be