This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: type traits, reflection, and whatnot


Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 03:26:36PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Let me rewrite what I proposed earlier as:
| > 
| >    template<typename T>
| >      struct is_scalar : __gnu_cxx::_Bool2Type<__is_scalar(T)> 
| >      {
| >      };
| 
| This is an approach I think we can agree on.  I'll have a go at implementing
| it and see what we discover.

Thanks.  From my perspective, it is important we don't restrict the
reflection machinery to C++ syntax -- I don't see any reason to do so.  

| With regards to an experimental branch for this (and other) reflection work,
| do you think the new parser is stable enough to create branch this week?

I was (and still is) optimistic.  Let's see where we end up at the end
of the week-end.  I don't know whether other C++ folks have planed
substantive work on the new parser.  Jason, Mark?  

-- Gaby


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]