Re: sparc-sun-solaris2.9 and stl_threads.h:115: warning: aggregate has a partly bracketed initializer

In article <20020819160137.A24645@disaster.basement.lan> Phil writes:

> PR/3195.  I was almost positive that the PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER screwup
> was limited to Solaris 2.6 (rather, /usr/include/pthread.h revision 1.16).
> A different bug was found in Solaris 7 (pthread.h revision 1.26, I believe).

Nope, in those cases it was actually the same root "bug", but a
different "fix" was required than was present since format/layout
changes occurred or some such.  It was possible to make a generic
"fix" but it was impossible to predict future Sun changes.  Someone
with access to all/many versions of Solaris headers will have to
produce a more generic fixinclude fix to cover the new Solaris 9 case.

Gerald, to fix your exact problem, I'm almost sure that you need to
update/adjust the solaris_mutex_init hack in gcc/fixinc/inclhack.def .
To satisfy Bruce, I think you will want to update the hack without
adding a new hack.  I personally saw it as an impossible job to do
right without access to the entire release history of
/usr/include/pthread.h on Solaris thus...

> Loren provided a fixincludes patch, but it never went in.  (See audit
> trail for more.)

..yes, I remember getting a tad p*ssy over that one... ;-/

Regards,
Loren