Re: sparc-sun-solaris2.9 and stl_threads.h:115: warning: aggregate has a partly bracketed initializer

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 03:18:28PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> writes:
>
> | On sparc-sun-solaris2.9 I'm seeing a new warning (on the GCC 3.2-branch)
> | which I don't get on sparc-sun-solaris2.8:
>
> I think this was reported in the past, and it was concluded that it is
> a problem in Sun's header

PR/3195.  I was almost positive that the PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER screwup
was limited to Solaris 2.6 (rather, /usr/include/pthread.h revision 1.16).
A different bug was found in Solaris 7 (pthread.h revision 1.26, I believe).

Loren provided a fixincludes patch, but it never went in.  (See audit
trail for more.)

Solaris 8 (pthread.h revision 1.29) doesn't seem to have either problem, so
it may just be that you have a weird installation of the SUNWhea package.
Or perhaps more changes were made in Solaris 9, and it's broken (wrt gcc)
again.

> and that they did provide a fix for it.  I
> don't recall the exact references, someone might want to provide the
> links to Sun's page.

I've been hunting through Sun's bug reports, none of them mention a
bracketing problem with the initializer.  If it is fixed, there's nothing
particular at Sun to point to.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002