Re: auto_ptr in locale

> I agree that the code Kevin is replacing is badly wrong, and that his
> code seems to fix the parts visible in the patch.  However, I don't like
> his choice of names (pvf and pcn) -- they look like Hungarian notation
> to me, and are singularly uninformative.  Furthermore, since this code
> is in a ".cc" file, they don't need to be uglified.   Furtherfurthermore,
> the typedefs __vec_facet and __vec_string disobey the library naming
> convention that non-standard type names are capitalized.

I believe this code should be uglified, and for the following reason: what
if this this code is later changed, and inlined? Furthermore, why add
yet more complexity with respect to when things are uglified and not
uglified?

The typedefs are my fault. I thought just template params started with the
_[A-Z]* stuff. A quick look at C+++STYLE

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/17_intro/C++STYLE

proves me wrong.

I don't especially like this style. (for type names, not template
parameters). Type names in the standard are lowercase,
underscore-deliniated names. (I'm thinking of containers
and iostream, stuff like int_type and char_type.) It seems a better fit to
me to prepend two underscores for non-standard types. (In terms of
matching the typographic conventions in the standard.) Looking at the
sources in /bits, most everything uses this style except for the valarray
bits, which are in strict conformance to C++STYLE. The stil/bits directory
is similarly confused.  Perhaps you can clue me in--what went into picking
the current C++STYLE convention?

-benjamin