Re: installing GCJ 3.3 and deploying executables constructed withit

> i have compiled gcc/gcj 3.3 on os x (10.2.6) under bash (and last night tcsh
> as well), and installed it under bash: i don't know if you want me to
> test make install under tcsh too?

I'd really love to have the ability to write that GCJ/SWT works properly under OS X.
If you can complete a full installation procedure under its default shell (tcsh),
that would be a boon.

> fwiw it seems to work fine, although i am just using gcj to create
> bytecode libraries not native code.

We can mention that bytecode works, and that we are waiting for other people to
confirm that native does too.

> there is a known problem with
> fastjar whereby it can't read jars generated by eclipse (and perhaps
> some others), saying that the zip file contains comments. apart from
> that i have not had any exceptional worries.

I am not very interested in the jars generated by eclipse. I create jars with
fastjar; and it is up to the Eclipse people to figure out why they are not
compatible, if they are interested in finding out. Eclipse is not needed in any way.
It may be useful to the afficionados, but is not an essential piece of software in
any way. In fact, in my opinion it is an evolutionary dead end. Its only tangible
contribution, as far as I'm concerned, is the SWT library. I have not been able
to find gainful or non-redundant employment for any other of their "plugins". But
then again, let the show go on! And let the Eclipse people have fun with their baby.
Maybe some other interesting idea will ever come out of it; you never know.

Greetings
Erik

--
http://www.freestyler-toolkit.org absolutely unique