This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Java project.
Re: Patch: Remove exception catching from normal path in Arrays.equals.
- From: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:32:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: Remove exception catching from normal path in Arrays.equals.
- References: <3F58DE72.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Tom Tromey wrote:
It appears that my "assignment process with the FSF is now complete".
David> Currently all variants of java.util.Arrays.equals() catch
David> NullPointerExceptions to detect null valued parameters. In one
David> of our programs this is a fairly common case and the
David> throw/catch overhead was significant.
This has bugged me too -- thanks. This can go in once your paperwork
clears... I gather that shouldn't be long now.