GSoC Questions

Greetings Martin,

I won't be applied but it was good to see you at least got some possible ideas out of my research from the make parts. Two questions as related to GSoC, in terms of
long term planning for my work:

1. *Implement something similar to Clang's/-ftime-trace/*is in my view the most important project for GCC multi-threading as having a real profiler in gcc proper is the biggest bottleneck. Finding shared state and having heuristics is a real thorn without it. Is the goal just to support it as a feature similar to Clang or is this intended to be a real profiler, as it seems so?

2.*Create a general jobserver client/server library *If its planning to be a library then your probably hooking it into the frontends for C/C++.  Not sure who the maintainer for that is but is he aware of the possible changes? It may be good to either have him as another mentor or someone to ask about the frontend parts unless you or Martin Liska have
that knowledge.

Regards and good luck with GSoC,

Nick**