Re: contrib/gcc_update does not work

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 12:46, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> On Jan 14 2020, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:10 AM Richard Biener
> > <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I think it's what the wiki still suggests...
> >
> > Yes the wiki does suggest that but the wiki was about using git mirror.
>
> Even with the old mirror a normal clone was working as usual.  Only if
> you wanted to commit using git svn you needed to do the unusual setup.

I've added a big bold notice to the top of the wiki page:
The information on this page refers to the git-svn mirror WHICH HAS
BEEN RETIRED. While some tips here may still be useful (like the
convenient git aliases) do not follow these steps to use the new Git
repository (which is not a mirror, so obviously this page isn't
talking about it!)