Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

On 28/12/2019 12:19, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Branch merges do not mesh well with our commit policies, fwiw:
> everything should normally be posted for public review on the mailing
> lists.  This does not really work for commits that have been set in
> stone months before.

I disagree.  The review comments will show up as additional commits on
the branch and can be tracked back to such events.  Once history gets
flattened into a major single commit it's significantly more effort to
drill down into the history and find out why if we've lost the merge
information.

R.