Re: Test GCC conversion with reposurgeon available

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:

> Two more.
>
> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-5a.git
> git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-5b.git

Two more.

git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-6a.git
git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/home/gccadmin/gcc-reposurgeon-6b.git

These have accumulated mostly minor improvements.  There are no
automatically-generated .gitignore files any more.  There are no merge
commits on master any more.  There are various improvements relating to
ChangeLog handling, though some more such improvements went into
reposurgeon after this conversion run started and thus aren't included
(and this conversion doesn't include Richard's list of typo fixes for
attributions).  There are many more whitelistings / PR fixups for
generated commit summaries (so all revisions 200000 and later with a
checkme have had it resolved).

Regarding the ChangeLog improvements, the specific common patterns Jakub
noted that appear at the start and end of the alphabet are worked around
in bugdb.py for this conversion and handled properly in reposurgeon in
changes that went in after this conversion started.  Of the three authors
remaining that look like they follow those patterns, one should be handled
by the code now in reposurgeon (just not by the workaround in bugdb.py)
and the other two are cases where I'll add fixup entries in bugdb.py (they
do things like repeat the whole date twice).  I'll also add a fix in
bugdb.py for the cases where the name is inside "" or () in the ChangeLog
entry as that can be handled fully automatically.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk