Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 03:32:57AM -0800, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> The one branch merge which would have helped me track down why a
> testcase was added is the tree-ssa branch merge.  If we had the commit
> for the merge to have the merge info, it would have been easier for me
> to track down that.  Note this testcase failed with a new patch I am
> working on and I decided in the end, the testcase is bogus and not
> even testing what it was testing for anyways.  There is a few other
> instances like that which would have been helpful.

It sounds like it would have helped you if the testcase had stated what
it is for, what it is testing, in the testcase file itself.  As all tests
should, imnsho.

In the more general case you need to find the discussion on the mailing
list archives.  Which is a difficul problem in itself.

Segher