Re: Commit messages and the move to git

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 00:02, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Joseph Myers wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:
> >
> > > I've attached a sample from the start of the fixed list - the full list is far
> > > too big to post to give a flavour of how the script currently works.  Note
> > > that annotations of the form [checkme: ....] in the summary are for diagnostic
> > > purposes.  These are where heuristics suggest that there's a higher than
> > > normal chance that the PR number is incorrect and that manual auditing is
> > > recommended.  Such annotations would not be appropriate in the final
> > > conversion.
> >
> > Concretely, here is the current list of 664 checkme: annotations where
> > something was suspicious about the PR number (either component mismatch or
> > resolved as INVALID).  Would some people like to volunteer to pick up
> > sections of this list and, for their section, produce a list of SVN
> > revisions (at the end of the checkme line) for which the PR number appears
> > to be correct, and a list of mappings from SVN revision to correct PR
> > number when the PR number appears to be wrong?  For any that don't get
> > reviewed like that we can easily make the script, for the final
> > conversion, decline to add a new summary line for any commit where the PR
> > number is suspicious.
>
> Here's a slightly shorter version with 644 checkme: annotations, after
> adding a few more component aliases to the script (e.g., no longer
> considering it suspicious if the log message says PR g++/something and
> that PR is in the component that's actually called c++).

Line 18: c++ SVN r116634, looks suspicious, but PR number is correct.
Line 326: lto SVN r196613, PR number is correct
Line 411: libstdc++ SVN r219147, PR number is correct

How do you want the mapping from SVN revision to correct PR to be expressed?

Line 19: the correct PR for fortran SVN r120056 is fortran/30238 (not 39238)
Line 608: lto SVN r268728 should be PR 87089 (not 87809)
Line 616: lto SVN r269799 should be PR 87089 (not 87809)