This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem while executing a custom testcase inside testsuite
- From: Akshat Garg <xkspr7 at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 16:54:58 +0530
- Subject: Re: Problem while executing a custom testcase inside testsuite
- References: <CAMEQ7YwfiNiifts_f-yuRosg738hNXX5ao9Wi=V+hNfxDBkY_w@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 1:10 PM Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>
> On Jun 22 2019, Akshat Garg <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > I believe I should be getting a warning like:
> > warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
> > [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
> > but in the gcc.log file, I found this:
> > error: initialization of '_Atomic struct rcutest *' from incompatible
> > pointer type 'struct rcutest *' [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
> > Can anyone please explain to me why this is considered as an error, not a
> > warning?
> Because it's a pedwarn, and you are passing -pedantic-errors.
So, can you tell me what should I pass for pedwarn. I tried with
-pedwarn-errors, but it didn't work.
> Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
> GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510 2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1
> "And now for something completely different."