Re: Preventing ISO C errors when using macros for builtin types

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 02:25:59PM +0100, Jozef Lawrynowicz wrote:
> I'm assuming it would not be valid to modify the behaviour of __extension__
> so it can be placed within a declaration, and not just at the
> beginning. However, there is minimal documentation on this keyword (it does not
> state that it can be used in declarations, even though it can), so I wonder
> what the "rules" are.

The documentation says

  '-pedantic' and other options cause warnings for many GNU C extensions.
  You can prevent such warnings within one expression by writing
  '__extension__' before the expression.  '__extension__' has no effect
  aside from this.

It's not clear to me why you cannot simply put __extension__ earlier in
your case?

Segher