This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ChangeLog's: do we have to?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:04:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: ChangeLog's: do we have to?
- References: <6f84c126-136e-7f6d-ec69-4775a58610a4@redhat.com> <CAFiYyc2oaW5K4S7O1eEinHKaq7Q1HyyjhJ=4ODwtnaXatLioPQ@mail.gmail.com> <eec8269a-e570-7ed2-dafb-379bf2f1acd7@redhat.com>
On Thu, 5 Jul 2018, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> However, even if you could "git log --grep" the commit messages, I assume your
> current use is grepping for function names and such, right? Being able to grep
> a commit message won't solve that problem, or am I missing something?
If you know what function and file you're interested in, you can use git
log -L to find changes to it (I've used that in the GCC context before),
or of course other tools such as git blame.
--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com