Re: Further for GSoC.

 On 6 March 2018 at 22:25, Martin Jambor wrote:

> > You might have figured this out already but just in case something is
> > not clear:
> >
> >   1. How to check out our sources using svn and git is described at
> >     https://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html and https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror
> >     respectively, and
> >
> >   2. perhaps more importantly, how to configure, build and test GCC is
> >     described in steps linked from https://gcc.gnu.org/install/ (look
> >     for --disable-bootstrap, among other things).
>
> Or start with at https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC and
>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted
>
> You need to check out the GCC source code from version control and find
the files and functions referenced in there (locating pieces of GCC code
using find, grep, etc. on the GCC source tree is something you'll need to
do a lot), and make sure you can build GCC, run the testsuite, save
results from a testsuite run, build and run the testsuite and compare the
results of the two runs (this is something that would need doing very many
times in the course of any project working on GCC).

Thank you all of you for your suggestions.
Was not mailing for some days because caught up in exams.
Interested in this project and working on it.
Thank you.

-Tejas