Changing base compiler requirement for bootstrapping GNAT

Is it ok to require gcc 4.9 (3 years old) or later to build GNAT ?

We plan to use gcc exceptions within the GNAT front-end (previously we were using a FE specific exception mechanism).
This requires a matching implementation in the runtime, which was last changed for gcc 4.9
Our idea is to completely remove in GNAT the support of the FE specific exception mechanism.

Is anyone opposed to such a change ?

Tristan.