Re: GCC 7.0.0 Status Report (2016-10-21)

On 10/25/2016 10:16 AM, Richard Biener wrote:

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Toon Moene <toon@moene.org> wrote:

Note that I haven't found the time to implement the vectorization of
log/exp/sin/cos/tan functions that I described here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-01/msg00039.html

It works transparently already if you have recent glibc which adds
the appropriate attribute to the math function prototypes (basically
one release after the release that first implemented the routines
though the required patch is trivial to backport as well).

But that is for code that read math function prototypes in C style .h files - so not for Fortran or Ada.

That was the purpose of my proposal: to treat glibc vectorized log/exp/sin/cos/tan functions like the vendor specific once (-mveclibabi=svml and -mveclibabi=acml), which is front end language agnostic.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.org - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/