This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is anyone working on a Z80 port?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest at archeia dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:31:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: Is anyone working on a Z80 port?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <561E6EEE dot 7000200 at archeia dot com> <561E71C9 dot 8060204 at archeia dot com>
On 10/14/2015 09:16 AM, Luke A. Guest wrote:
I forgot, I'm not interested in using C, so SDCC is out of the question.
I don't think anyone is actively developing a Z80 port for the trunk.
I spec'd one out a long time ago for Cygnus/Red Hat, but we never
pursued the port. The register model on the z80 will be problematical,
though some of the lessons from the rl78 port would probably be useful.
I'm sure there's other z80 things that are going to cause problems, I
just can't remember what they all are. I've managed to forget almost
all my Z80 internals over the last 25+ years.
Jeff