This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gnattools cannot be built for freestanding/bare metal environment without hacking up the build machinery
- From: "Luke A. Guest" <laguest at archeia dot com>
- To: Rolf Ebert <rolf dot ebert dot gcc at gmx dot de>
- Cc: GCC ML <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:17:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: gnattools cannot be built for freestanding/bare metal environment without hacking up the build machinery
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1389892623 dot 4242 dot 22 dot camel at rogue> <52D81C8F dot 4050406 at gmx dot de>
On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 18:53 +0100, Rolf Ebert wrote:
> Am 16.01.2014 18:17, schrieb Luke A. Guest:
> > But what about the gnattools? Not buildable. A message in the ml
> > archives states to build them with "make -C gcc gnattools," but this
> > fails:
> This is PR19959, see comment #13. IMHO, this PR was incorrectly closed.
> That's why we use the mentioned build kludge in AVR-Ada.
I never liked this method, but it does work, to a point. But it is a
Ah, I tried looking but didn't find this, FYI
As usual, there is a comment stating, see RTEMS on how to do it, which
never answers the question or fixes the issue.
Also, comment 14, is the apparent howto which fails as I mentioned in my
first post and I really don't understand Arnaud's comment at all there.
I just don't get the reasoning.
But this is not AVR specific, as he states in #16 and the following does
not work either, as he states: make -C gcc gnattools-cross or make
gnattools-cross as the rules don't exist, even tried -C gcc/ada.