This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Basile Starynkevitch <basile@starynkevitch.net> writes:PS. LLVM has also a decisive documentation advantage w.r.t. GCC
What...? The last time I tried to do something with LLVM, the internals docs were awful (full of <not yet written> kinda stuff, usually just in the area I was confused about)...
(a) it was designed in a closed group, (b) and the front end as well as back end were out of scope (c) back end generation from specification has remained out of scope
and gcc historically has had great internals documentation, though I don't know if it's managed to keep up with all the changes in the 4.x series...
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |