Re: Distributing 'make check' across a cluster

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Diego Novillo wrote:

> This is working pretty well for everything outside of libstdc++.  I can reduce
> testing from about an hour to a few minutes (we test -m32 and -m64).
>
> libstdc++ seems to be doing a few other manipulations of site.exp and
> additional setup that's defeating my scripts.  Any pointers to where I should
> be looking?

libstdc++ definitely works with installed testing (there may be a bug or
two, e.g. PR 23867, that mean a few tests don't get run that way); it's
how Mentor's testing works.

That is however installed testing with a complete source tree available
(but not a build tree); I don't know exactly what is needed from outside
the testsuite/ directory (but see
libstdc++-v3/testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp:libstdc++_init for what happens
during the testsuite setup).

C, C++, Fortran, Obj-C and Obj-C++ testing have been known to work in the
past for installed testing.  Java, Ada and Go are quite likely to have
problems; I don't think I've tried installed testing for libmudflap,
libffi, libitm, libatomic (but it should work for libgomp).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com