This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to compare two text files? Using sed, cmp, diff, tr?
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jörg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch at uriah dot heep dot sax dot de>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 16:14:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: How to compare two text files? Using sed, cmp, diff, tr?
- References: <4FC0AA16.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 26 May 2012 11:01, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> Is there a valid compare tool that compares text modulo line-endings?
POSIX diff with the -b option should report the files as equal, I
don't know if that's portable enough to rely on though.