This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 4.7: -march=corei7-avx bug?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:26:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc 4.7: -march=corei7-avx bug?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 04:53:45AM -0300, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> I tried to compile Firefox 11 with gcc 4.7 optimized with:
> -O3 -march=corei7-avx (I have a core i7 2700k)
> But Firefox segfaults (backtrace provided, although it seems
> not very useful):
> If I compile with -march=corei7 it runs perfectly.
> Maybe a gcc bug?
Maybe. Or maybe firefox bug.
> How can I help you to debug this?
Build with debug info, try to understand why it crashed, build
a minimal testcase out of it, attach it to the PR.
Or you could use a brute force method, if -march=corei7 works,
but -march=corei7-avx doesn't, do a binary search on firefox built with
some corei7 and some corei7-avx object files, until you find the problematic