Question about Tree_function_versioning

Hello Everyone,
	I am currently trying to take certain functions (marked by certain attributes) and create vector version along with the scalar versions of the function. For example, let's say I have a function my_add that is marked with a certain attribute, I am trying to clone it into my_add_vector and still keep the original my_add. For this, I am trying to use tree_function_versioning in cgraphunit.c to clone the cgraph_node into a new function. Does this function actually create a 2nd function (called my_add_vector) and copy the body from my_add function to the my_add_vector function or does it just create a node called my_add_vector and then create a pointer to the body of the my_add?

Is there a better approach for doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Balaji V. Iyer.