Re: status of GCC & C++

> The proposed coding guidelines have been published and will evolve
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CppConventions).  No point waiting to settle a
> set of rules that will naturally change over time, as we start using it.

That isn't what was decided when the transition to C++ was proposed though.
It was agreed that a set of Coding Conventions would be published before the
switch to C++.  If you think that the above conventions are in good enough a
shape to be proposed, then propose them for inclusion in
  http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html

--
Eric Botcazou