This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: subreg:HI of PSI HW register issue
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Aurelien Buhrig <aurelien dot buhrig dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:08:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: subreg:HI of PSI HW register issue
- References: <4F59D97D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 03/09/2012 11:20 AM, Aurelien Buhrig wrote:
> It seems there is an issue around subreg:HI of PSI hardware register,
> which occurs either during expand or reload (GCC 4.6.1).
> For my big endian target,
> (subreg:HI (reg:PSI A0_REGNO) 0) is not representable but
> (subreg:HI (reg:PSI A0_REGNO) 2) is (reg:HI A0_REGNO).
> - Is it correct that gcc emits such a subreg pattern in Pmode=PSI during
> expand ? Or should it be in ptr_mode=SImode (in this case, both
> (subreg:HI (reg:SI) 0/2) are representable)?
This, I think. I have a port with a rather similar situation, and I'm
betting you also have a failure in gcc.c-torture/execute/20040625-1.c. I
don't want to promise anything but I may have something for you next