Re: Graphite news

On 02/09/2012 11:05 PM, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
On 02/09/2012 07:42 AM, Tobias Grosser wrote:

== Who will do all the work? ==

After reading all the open projects you may wander who will do all the
work? Unfortunately Sebastian switched jobs at the end of 2011, such
that we lost one full time contributor. Furthermore, I am myself also
not full time working on Graphite, but work on my PhD where I am
founded to work on the LLVM Polly project. This means developer
resources are currently rare.

To solve this issue, I believe the best approach is to share as much
infrastructure as possible between different projects.

I just thought about licensing. If you are going to share the code between GCC and LLVM, who will be the owner (FSF or UIUC). But may be I understood you incorrectly and you meant only libraries (isl etc).

Both. Libraries are simple, as they are just used. For code I can only share code that I have written. That means, if I have written code I can add it at both places. If people start to contribute, moving code becomes more difficult. However, I assume that most of the stuff that can be shared will actually be part of isl, and only compiler specific stuff goes into GCC and LLVM. So I do not expect that a lot of code needs to be moved later on.

Tobi