This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Potentially merging cxx-mem-model with mainline.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: aldyh at redhat dot com
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:49:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Potentially merging cxx-mem-model with mainline.
- References: <4EA8296F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Aldy Hernandez <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Can we treat this as a bugfix to be done during stage2? There is
> already some support in mainline, but it performs lousy on anything but
> the most simple of testccases. After much iterations with Richi, we
> couldn't come to an agreement on the remaining fixes. I would like to
> take another stab at this during stage2, if it is OK with Richi and
No opinion on your actual question, but note that there is no more
stage2. We now go directly from stage1 to stage3. This is just another
feature of gcc development seemingly designed to confuse newbies, and
evidently even confuses experienced developers.