This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A question abt finding all register uses in instruction
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at linaro dot org>
- To: Revital Eres <revital dot eres at linaro dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:21:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: A question abt finding all register uses in instruction
- References: <CAHz1=dWzCuURyt0TRxDh6Jpva9kYSktYgc6GvntwoWC-Vy0DyA@mail.gmail.com>
> I appreciate any advise of how to resolve this -- should I add
> ?(*fun) (&XEXP (dest, 0), data); ?
Actually I don't see why not - a zero_extract on the LHS of an
expression is supposed to be a bit field insert on that register.
Isn't there an implicit read of the destination register involved in
this case in that the lower order bits of the register are left