Why doesn't GCC generate conditional move for COND_EXPR?

Hello,
I noticed that COND_EXPR is not expanded to conditional move
as MIN_EXPR/MAX_EXPR are (assuming movmodecc is available).
I wonder why not?

I have some loop that fails tree vectorization, but still contains
COND_EXPR from tree ifcvt pass. In the end, the generated code
is worse than if I don't turned -ftree-vectorize on.  This
is on our private port.

Thanks,
Bingfeng Mei