Re: Patch pinging

> While I do understand the reasons people want to hide with a pseudonym
> on many forums (or social sites), I don't understand why someone want to
> hide his identity when contributing to GCC (and therefore, after having
> done the legal work of getting the legal papers signed...).

I don't either.  Poeple have to be able to check that there's a
corresponding assignment form signed when somebody submits a patch.  If the
person submitting the patch hides their name, that task becomes extremely
difficult.  As you say, this is not a social forum: there's no reason to be
secretive here.