This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Can GCC emit debug information to support debug uninitialized local variables
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: asmwarrior <asmwarrior at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:18:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Can GCC emit debug information to support debug uninitialized local variables
- References: <4C1C49DC.email@example.com>
asmwarrior <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> My question is: Is there any possible that GCC can emit some debug
> information to indicate that one variable is initialed or not.(at
> least in the DEBUG build mode)
You didn't mention which version of gcc you are testing. With current
gcc see if the -fvar-tracking option helps.