Re: GPL (probably a FAQ)

GPL is viral, one drop of it will make everything else GPL, especially
when you redistribute the code.

When there is a technical and legal due diligence, they use tools that
scan your source code and if there is a GPL or public code that is
also matching in their database (which is huge, believe me, even sites
that had forums that are down for a few years by now) - they flag it.

Cheers,

Adel.