Re: std::exception_ptr on Cygwin

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Piotr Wyderski
<piotr.wyderski@gmail.com> wrote:
> is not, as Cygwin does not use glibc. Its underlying
> processor architecture, however, supports the fullest
> set of atomic primitives, so is there really a need to
> make it glibc-dependent? If I enforce the macro
> definition from the command line, then the exception_ptr
> -dependent code compiles correctly (but does not link
> because of

Actually it is not due not to glibc but the default for i686-linux-gnu
and i686-cygwin is really targeting 386 and tuning for generic cpu.
i386 did not have atomic locks at all but 486 and above does.  This
has come up many times in the past too.

-- Pinski