This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bitfields: types vs modes?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: iant at google dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 15:48:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: bitfields: types vs modes?
- References: <200903100433.n2A4XKNL011948@greed.delorie.com> <200904010511.n315Ba28010006@greed.delorie.com> <email@example.com> <49DA30F0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200904062003.n36K3WHc001273@greed.delorie.com> <49DA689F.email@example.com>
We seem to have dropped this discussion. I now have *two* customers
asking for this functionality. Can we pick it up again? We need to
1. If the functionality will be allowed in gcc at all
2. What info the target needs to be provided to make the choices it wants
3. What, if any, common code can be shared between the CPUs