Re: Request for testing/help for the LTO branch

Diego Novillo writes:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 08:11, Rainer Orth <ro@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, gold doesn't even build on non-Linux targets: see PR
> > gold/7024.
>
> Note that you don't really need gold to use LTO.  It works just fine
> with GNU ld.

But at least on Solaris, using GNU ld is sort of a problem: there are lots
of GCC testsuite regressions right now, and GNU ld doesn't support several
of Sun ld's advanced features, which is why I very much prefer to use the
native linker if at all possible.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University