Re: cross-compilation, deprecated option and libgcc

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:19 +0100, Vincent R. wrote:

> 1) When I compile bootstrap gcc, I am using make all-gcc and make
> install-gcc and it seems it doesn't build libgcc anymore.

I think that's correct; make all-gcc just builds gcc these days.  To
build libgcc, you need to run make all-target-libgcc.  libgcc is no
longer built as part of gcc, but like any other of the target libraries.

It's best to do a make all and make install to avoid these hassles.  If
you want to keep the workload down, use --enable-languages to prune the
set of languages you support in your "bootstrap" compiler.  (Is there a
reason why you can't just build the cross using your system compiler?)

> So my first question is : For a bootstrap gcc do I need to build libgcc and
> in this case should I use make all and make install instead ?

Yes.

Cheers, Ben