Re: Official GCC git repository

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:01:46PM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:

>  However, if GCC proposes an official switch to a dVCS, RMS will push bzr.
>  That doesn't mean he gets his way; he wasn't happy with the svn switch
>  because svn clearly isn't GNU (it's Apache-licensed).

bzr is simply unusable for a repository the size of gcc (though they
sometimes claim otherwise).
It couldn't even convert the gcc repository from scratch last time i
tried it, and what it left me with (30k revisions) took *forever* to
perform any operation on (IE literally hours to run log commands).

They could have made massive strides since then (this was a little
over a year ago), but I wouldn't trust anything with that large of a
scaling issue to have solved it in such a short time.