Re: gcc 4.3.0 i386 default question

David Edelsohn wrote:
Joel Sherrill writes:

Joel> Those all look like checks to see if the compiler itself Joel> supports Altivec -- not a run-time check on the hardware Joel> like the Neon check_effective_target_arm_neon_hw appears Joel> to be.

Look at check_vmx_hw_available again.

Thanks again.  I have a patch to test for sse2 that I
am posting to gcc-patches.  Running just the vect
test, I now get this on the target which seems much
better. :)

=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes        889
# of expected failures        73