This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: -mfmovd enabled by default for SH2A but not for SH4
- From: "Naveen H.S." <naveen dot hs at kpitcummins dot com>
- To: "Kaz Kojima" <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Cc: <christian dot bruel at st dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Prafulla Thakare" <Prafulla dot Thakare at kpitcummins dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:32:03 +0530
- Subject: RE: -mfmovd enabled by default for SH2A but not for SH4
>> Although one can explicitly provide his own fpscr setting as
>> Christian said and can use appropriate options, defaulting -mdalign
>. for TARGET_SH2A_DOUBLE might be more robust for users.
Yes, we completely agree that using the option "-mdalign" would solve
the "address error" problem in the present testcase. We had tried the
similar way to solve the problem. However, we observed that "-mdlaign"
option would not guarantee the stack variables to be 8 byte aligned.
Please refer the following link which explains the same.
KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd,
Free download of GNU based tool-chains for Renesas' SH, H8, R8C, M16C
and M32C Series. The following site also offers free technical support
to its users. Visit http://www.kpitgnutools.com for details.
Latest versions of KPIT GNU tools were released on February 4, 2008.