Re: -mfmovd enabled by default for SH2A but not for SH4

"Naveen H.S." <naveen.hs@kpitcummins.com> wrote:
> Yes, we completely agree that using the option "-mdalign" would solve
> the "address error" problem in the present testcase. We had tried the
> similar way to solve the problem. However, we observed that "-mdlaign"
> option would not guarantee the stack variables to be 8 byte aligned.
> Please refer the following link which explains the same.

TARGET_ALIGN_DOUBLE means that PREFERRED_STACK_BOUNDARY is set
to 64.  I remember that such problem exists in older compilers
as Toshi pointed out, but thought that they are fixed on trunk.
You could file it to the bugzilla with your testcase.

Regards,
	kaz