This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -Wparentheses lumps too much together
- From: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:14:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: -Wparentheses lumps too much together
- References: <20071219200235.GA21525@oak.schemamania.org>
<jklowden <at> freetds.org> writes:
> Yes, I know beginners get confused by and/or precedence. But
> *every* language that I know of that has operator precedence places
> 'and' before 'or'.
FWIW, Bourne shell doesn't, && and || have equal precedence there.
That's a bit off-topic though, as it's not an argument against your
actual proposition, but rather one for `sh -Wall'. ;-)