Re: GCC 4.3 release schedule

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
Jason, any thoughts on how to translate "ready to make a .0 release"
into "made a .0 release," in terms of a firm schedule, with dates? I'm
assuming that the < 100 bugzilla count is an adequate milestone for the
release branch to be cut.

Or do you think < 100 implies branch implies 4.3.0 release, as
originally described by Richard is the way to go?

No. Previously we've branched at <100 regressions, but waited for the numbers to get better than that before making the release. I'm suggesting that the release criteria stay about the same as before, just that we delay the branch until the release is ready rather than have branch criteria and then release criteria.

I'm willing to try this. It's just that I would like some advance notice
before a release, just to check over things.

I would expect Mark's status mails to cover that.

Jason